Friday, December 4, 2009

Advent4

“For thus says the Lord God: I myself will search for my sheep, and will seek them out. As shepherds seek out their flocks when they are among their scattered sheep, so I will seek out my sheep. I will rescue them from all the places to which they have been scattered on a day of clouds and thick darkness. I will bring them out from the peoples and gather them from the countries, and will bring them into their own land; and I will feed them on the mountains of Israel, by the watercourses and in all the inhabited parts of the land. I will feed them with good pasture, and the mountain heights of Israel shall be their pasture; there they shall lie down in good grazing land, and they shall feed on rich pasture on the mountains of Israel. I myself will be the shepherd of my sheep, and I will make them lie down, says the Lord God. I will seek the lost, and I will bring back the strayed, and I will bind up the injured, and I will strengthen the weak, but the fat and the strong I will destroy. I will feed them with justice. – Ezekiel 34: 11-16 (NRSV)




1. Jesus says, “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.” (John 10:11) How does Jesus’ earthly ministry reflect God’s promises in Ezekiel?

2. What might it be like to be fed “with justice?” What do you think God is telling Ezekiel? Is he describing a new type of grass (justice grass) or is there more?

Prayer: Good and just Lord, feed us with justice, grace and mercy.  May we do the work of God by gathering the lost, the strayed, the injured and the weak.  All of this we pray through Jesus our good Lord, AMEN.  

No comments:

Post a Comment