Thursday, November 5, 2009

For the past seven weeks, I have been deeply immersed in the findings reflected in the book UnChristian, by David Kinaman. Yet, Kinnaman's research shouldn't surprise me. In my own dealings with the church I have found Christians to be judgmental, hypocritical, out of touch, and insincere. In fact, whether Christians or not, I have experienced folks who reflect these attributes. Further, I know I am guilty of the same behavior. So, is the problem that Kinnaman points to the fact that the Christians, while claiming to aspire to be like Christ, miss the mark, or is the problem that people outside of Christianity have an impossibly high standard for Christians? And have we Christians accepted an unrealistic standard for behavior, then pretended to live up to that standard? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment